We are delighted that you are considering Richmond House for yourself, family member, student, or friend!
We welcome all inquiries and referrals and are happy to guide you through the admission process. Physicians, family members, social service workers, education professionals, etc. may make referrals to our programs.
Richmond House strives to create a supportive community of adults who thrive in a group residential living environment. We, in turn, need to gather information about your candidate for placement in order to give you meaningful feedback. Criteria for admission are listed below.
Prospective Residents must:
- Be single and between 18 and 30 years of age.
- Have an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) diagnosis.
- Be able to benefit from the community and programs offered.
- Be functionally literate and have a high school diploma, GED certificate, or a certificate of high school completion/attendance.
- Have full time involvement (or be actively seeking) in competitive employment, supported employment, vocational training, recreation program, a volunteer position, or higher education.
- Have a parent/guardian who can participate in program decisions for the individual.
- Have a commitment to personal independence.
- Be willing and able to comply with Richmond House policies and procedures.
- Show evidence of psychological maturity and stability.
- Be ambulatory and able to climb and descend stairs.
- Be independent (or independent with prompting) with dress, feeding, managing hygiene needs, and managing own medication and other health-related issue.
- Be able to perform supervised house and work-related activities.
- Must not have have a criminal record.
- Be mentally healthy and free of substance abuse and serious behavioral problems, such as active psychosis, serious affective disorders and depression.
- Must not have a history of setting fires or sexual offenses.
Upon Admission, the individual will live at Richmond House for a three month trial period to ensure that there is a positive “fit” with the other residents and with the services offered. Residents wishing to leave the program must give 30 days notice.